Masibus USB Converter
The mUSB232 & mUSB485 is a family of communication devices. The models provide a simple method of adapting Industrial and commercial serial devices with RS232/485 interface to modern USB ports. Each media converter contains a small electronic circuit board mounted inside a rugged plastic enclosure capable of withstanding industrial temperature ranges. The integrated electronics also include RS232/RS485 level shifters and Tx/Rx LEDs to provide a visual indication of data traﬃc through the media converter.
The Cable incorporates a standard USB-A device connector for connection to an upstream host or hub port. RS232-level signals, including modem handshake signals, are available on an industry standard DE-9P connector cable. The RS232-level data rate range is 300 baud to 1 M baud.
The media converter cable requires USB device drivers, available free in CD supplied with media converter, which is used to make the media converter appear as a Virtual COM Port (VCP). This allows existing serial communications software, such as HyperTerminal, to exchange data through the media converter to industrial RS232/RS485 peripheral devices.
- USB Port powered
- Small to ﬁt in laptop bag
- Supports Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certiﬁed, Mac OS X,
- Linux and Windows CE device drivers
- USB 2.0 or higher compatible port
- Baud Rate Supports: Max 1 Mbps.
USB to RS232 Converter
- Convert the signals to RS232
- Port: 9 PIN DB Male connector
- Output – RS232 full Handshaking
USB to RS485 Converter
- Convert the signals to RS485 level
- Outputs: D + / D
- Maximum 32 nodes
- 120E Termination Resistor selection
- Media converter
- Data Acquisition System
- Field Service Application