For any product or application related question just type here ?
Field Interface Board FAQ
Below are the main benefits of passive interface modules.
- It simplifies the system wiring
- Save time and cost of the system.
- Faster troubleshooting and easy maintenance
- Reduce wiring complexities and errors.
- Easy for future extension
Below are the main benefits of PLC/DCS interface Modules/Isolated Modules.
- To Isolate expensive control system from Field Faults
- Eliminates Ground loop problems
- Channel to Channel Isolation
- Channel to Channel separately configurable
- Provide all range on signal conditioning
- Translate Signal level
- Match Impedance between Signal Source and Load
- Amplify/Attenuate Signal
- Isolate High Voltage for safe operation
- Provide high CMRR
Main advantages of Modular wiring solution are as mentioned below:-
- Reduce space
- Time saving
- Less dependability
- Man hour reduction
- Engineering optimization
- Fast tractability
- Error Free Wiring
Conventional Wiring vs Modular Wiring Advantages
Below are the major applications of FIMs.
- PLC/DCS control panel
- Line automation control panel
- Process plant control panel
- Temperature Measurement system
- Power plant control panels
- Utility control & monitoring
- Field sensor interfacing
Passive FIMs having protection like PTC, MOV and fuse etc.
At field side screw termination or push termination and at PLC side D type termination or FRC cable
For Analog Input : 3 way Galvanic isolation bet. Input, Output and power
For Analog Output : 3 way Galvanic isolation bet. Input, Output and power
For Digital Input : 3 way Galvanic isolation bet. Input, Output and power
For Digital Input : Optical Isolation from Input to Output (Option)
For Digital Output : Input to Output Isolation
The following causes are possible.
Please check: Is the correct input type being used for the Temperature Sensor?
(Check the Temperature Sensor input type setting)